Saturday 9 June 2012

Annapolis Royal to Creignish


Day 5

Wet, wet, wet and wet grrrr wet. Woke up and it was raining so rolled over and went back to sleep as I was snug as a bug in my sleeping bag. It kept on raining or so I thought I was camping under some trees so the rain dripping on my tent made it sound like it was pissing down when in fact when I did get out it was only spiting so had to break down a wet tent and gear in in the damp which was not to enjoyable very slow morning especially the multiple trip I did to the shower complex first time found out you need change for hot shower so went back to the tent to pick up change but forgot my shower bag so had to go back and get that all this is the wet folks where starting to stare.
Hit the road and basically it rained all day so just put my head down and headed for cape Breton in the hope that the sun would come out. It did not so spent all day on the bike getting soaked so by 6 in the evening was a damp squid and had no desire to camp as it was still raining so went to the tourist info who directed me to a great cheap little BB in Creignish more on this later. Took no photos today so one from the day before my campsite before it started raining.
Creignish BB that was run by Sandra, which is an old school house converted into a BB from the outside looks overgrown but inside a very cosy fascinating place with an interesting owner. In the sitting room overlooks a feeding table where there are squirrels, chipmunks, humming birds and all sorts of other colourful birds so after a long wet day on the bike a dry little haven so good that I have decided to stay 2 nights and use this as base to the Cabot Trail (Have I already gone of camping not sure I can afford to do that!)
Comment on my kit stood up to the wet
Rukka Gloves are actually waterproof I do not recall ever having a pair of gloves that kept my hands so dry for so long how long will these last before they start to leak (Cynic)
Rev-it Boots also kept me feet dry
Damen Waterproof trousers also worked so on the whole very happy with me new Kit lets hope they stay waterproof for a while longer as I am guessing I will be needing them
And my faithful 7-year-old Rukka jacket still keeping me warm and dry and seems to take whatever the weather wants to throw at me had some wet arms today but that was my own fault for not tucking the gloves in correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment