Thursday 28 June 2012

Edmonton TLC for the bike


Day 24

Very domestic day first thing I did was get the bike to Alberta Cycle Edmonton that opened at 10 bit of queue but the guy had spoken to yesterday said I could be served first. Cool. They where not able to do a full service at such short notice and in such a small timeframe but they where able to do a an oil change fix a the tube from my chain lubricator and put on 2 new tyres and it would be ready by 4pm this afternoon so you cannot get much better than that at reasonable prices as well which was a nice surprise. Got the bus back to the hostel which is always exciting in a strange town as you have no idea of the route and only a vague idea of where your stop is missed my by one so a bit extra walk for me. Did my washing and while I was doing this researching routes to Alaska and yet I still do not have a clue. After all my domestics wonder back into town hot sunny day and a big hills to climb found yet another festival but before I could get into this it was nearly 4 so had to go and pick my bike up. The question I need to double check is there anything vitally important needed doing for the bike at the 12,000km service interval the only thing that needs replacing are the plugs but I think I can live with that for a while but need to a double check on the internet for certain. Picked the bike up and headed back to the hostel for me tea tonight I nuked a lasagne and it 7.30 and I am debating whether or not to drag myself back to the free festival in town or veg in the hostel as I am still very cream crackered. Got itchy feet so will be hitting the road again tomorrow so could be last chance to see Edmonton. Decisions decisions?
Big Thank you today for Mike at Alberta Cycles Edmonton for looking after my bike and me so well at such short notice much appreciated.
Ended up staying and trying to get blogger to work with a dodgy Internet connection, which was a pain. Shame that I did not get to see more of Edmonton but I also need some down time so cannot be out and about all of the time and was good to have a night doing nothing much.

No comments:

Post a Comment